Let’s face it; finding the perfect clothing store is impossible, there are so many clothing brands in the world and the selection is only getting bigger. So, just when you think you’ve found your ideal brand, you come across a different one and then that becomes your new love—trust me, I know; I go through this almost every month.
With that being said, I curated a list of 10 brands that you could never go wrong with. So, even if you cheat on one of them, you will always find yourself going back:
10) Beta Menswear has quickly become one of my favorite brands. The brand prides itself on one-of-a-kind vintage European clothing. I recommend Beta Menswear to the guy who is really trying to “up” the vintage in his wardrobe. I like Beta Menswear because they are not only affordable, but they offer great quality clothing.
9) I really like Denim & Supply. Their specialty is modern-vintage clothing, so you can expect to see big knit sweaters, “worn” boots, distressed jeans; basically anything that expresses the quintessential vintage lifestyle. But, just because its foundation is in vintage pieces doesn’t mean you can style it to your needs. After all, it’s about how you wear it.
8) Known for its quality and denim, Levi’s has remained a favorite among people for decades. What I like about this brand is their “for all tastes” ideology. Levi’s has something for everyone, despite age, sex, gender, race, etc. when you visit Levi’s you are for sure going to find at least one thing that you love. My favorite item from Levi’s is their 510 skinny jeans.
7) REISS is the epitome of sophistication. From sleek tailored trousers to handsome suppressed waist blazers, this British brand brings European class to current and future tastemakers. I am obsessed with their sweaters, they are simple, but modern.
6) The desert boot, need I say more? I am in love with the Clarks desert boots, I own over 20 pairs of those boots. They are versatile, comfortable, and can be worn with almost anything and not look out-of-place. Indeed, Clarks sells other things, but their signature desert boots (and their Montacute Lord collection) are to die for.
5) Del Toro is my favorite footwear brand. I am still kicking myself for only coming across the brand a few months ago. Almost all of their footwear is made from fine Italian Leather, so you are guaranteed amazing quality. And before you start to freak out and write Del Toro off as being super expensive…it’s not. Everything, for the most part, will run you about $300 bucks, which is not super expensive when compared to other brands of a similar caliber. I love Del Toro because all of the shoes look great. The brand does a wonderful job at designing their footwear to standout, especially with their celebrity collaborations (i.e. Russell Westbrook and Hattie Stewart).
4) Uniqlo, Uniqlo. Oh, Uniqlo. Why are you so amazing? If you read the post where I ranted about my love for Uniqlo, you already know that I am hooked on this brand. Why? You ask. Well, why not? Uniqlo makes great quality clothing at prices that make you wonder if there was a typo when printing the tags. I love their t-shirts and corduroy button-downs. Everything is just made so…well.
3) Then, there is my dark twisted fantasy in the form of ALLSAINTS. When I say that 45% of my wardrobe is ALLSAINTS, I am as serious as a heart attack. Known for its edgy, muted aesthetic, this British brand revamped the notion of “heroine (yes, the drug) chic.” As you can imagine all the clothing has a very grunge feel to it, so if color is your thing, I’d stay away from ALLSAINTS. But, if you want to add some edge your wardrobe, then that is the brand for you.
2) Club Monaco is by far one of the best places to shop for modern, sophisticated clothing. I practically live in Club Monaco. The clothes look as if they cost thousands of dollars when they aren’t. Club Monaco is the perfect place for someone who wants to add some maturity to their look without completely breaking the bank or looking like their father. All of the clothes, for the most part, are made to be slim-fitting. So, you are guaranteed a very tailored and modern look.
1) Considered to be the “the most innovative and devastating [brand] in the world,” Zara takes the top spot on my list. I’m a huge fan of the brand because, in my opinion, they have “mastered” fashion. Zara unlocked the key of creating on-trend, high fashion, at everyday prices. One cannot walk past a Zara store and not be captivated by the looks that dwell its display window. The best thing about Zara is that you are surrounded by pieces that will have you looking as if you spent thousands of dollars. Plus, you are sure to find something that you like, whether it’s in the form of a blazer, shirt, trousers. You name it, you can find it at Zara.